Monthly Dojo Membership Dues
Payment due by the 5th of every month.
- Beginners, first month: $40 (this is for your practice shinai)
- Membership fee, all ages: $30/ month
Arkansas Kendo Club is a 503(c)(3) non profit organization. Club fees are used strictly for our members’ benefit to practice kendo. We use membership dues for the overhead of website, purchase of equipment, sensei visits, events hosted by AKC, etc.
The instructors are not reimbursed for teaching the class.
How to pay:
Monthly Gym Membership Dues
We have negotiated a group rate with the gym facility Esporta Fitness. This is our rental facility for the club, but also includes all Esporta premium member benefits such as swimming pool, fitness facility, sauna, showers, etc. View Esporta amenities, gym hours, etc. here.
All AKC members will need to pay gym fees to our facility at Esporta Fitness. The monthly fee is $29.99 (before taxes), plus annual fee of $54 within the first month.
Payments for the gym membership are facilitated by Esporta Fitness’s payment portal on the app, website, etc.
NOTE: Signing the gym membership at Esporta comes with the commitment of 4 months. Canceling prior to the 4 month period will result in a $25 fee.
For the location of Esporta Gym, see our Location Details page.
The long and short of it…
Cost break down to practice kendo:
Dojo Membership $30 + Gym Membership ~$30 = (Approximately $60 monthly)
Beginners, first month:
Dojo Membership $40 + Gym Membership ~$30 + Gym Annual Fee $54 = (Approximately $124 just for the first month)
Yearly AUSKF Federation Dues
The All United States Kendo Federation (AUSKF) is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting the regional member federations by:
- Organizing national tournaments
- Training a U.S. team for international competition
- Organizing promotional examination opportunities for higher ranks
- Interfacing to the International Kendo Federation (FIK).
- Providing the member federations with support programs to promote kendo in their region by providing guest instructors, examiners, and arranging for seminars to be given by expert sensei from foreign countries.